Wednesday, September 25, 2013

GOD lives here too

Numbers: 33 “‘Do not pollute the land where you are. Murder pollutes the land. Only one thing can pay to remove the pollution in the land where murder has been committed. The blood of the one who spilled another’s blood must be spilled. 34 So do not make the land where you live “unclean.” I live there too. I live among the people of Israel. I am the Lord.’”

============

“GOD lives here too.” This seemed very profound to me.  HE lives in my house and sees everything I’m doing. If I tried to do something in secret, HE knows.  Even when I try to justify why I am sinning GOD knew the seed of sin was the problem and HE doesn’t even listen to any excuse I could come up with.

HE made a clear way back to HIM.

  • My sin requires atonement through bloodshed.
  • My sin requires that I be put to death.
  • My sin requires that I spend eternity separated from GOD’s love.


Since my birth made me a sinner, I seemed destined to spend eternity separated from GOD.

  • JESUS volunteered to take my punishment.
  • JESUS paid the penalty of my sin by shedding HIS blood for me.
  • JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me, sealing my relationship with HIM for eternity.


While the Earth is still polluted with my sin, GOD rescues me through HIS own power in the middle of my sin. HE doesn’t even expect me to clean myself up in order to have a relationship with HIM. HIS love is sufficient!

  • Have you done something in secret?
  • Do you think you are hiding what you have done from GOD?
  • Can you confess what you have done or are planning to do and let GOD deal with it?
  • Won’t you accept HIS love the way HE wants to give it?


No comments:

Post a Comment