Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Leaders are patient


Numbers 20:The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, “Get your wooden staff. You and your brother Aaron gather the people together. Then speak to that rock while everyone is watching. It will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community. Then they and their livestock can drink it.”

So Moses took the wooden staff from the tent. He did just as the Lord had commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the people together in front of the rock. Moses said to them, “Listen, you who refuse to obey! Do we have to bring water out of this rock for you?”

11 Then Moses raised his arm. He hit the rock twice with his staff. Water poured out. And the people and their livestock drank it.

12 But the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron. He said, “You did not trust in me enough to honor me. You did not honor me as the holy God in front of the people of Israel. So you will not bring this community into the land I am giving them.”

============

Sitting in church was no longer enough for me. Something stirred inside me and made me want to do more. I could sense it clearly and was led to teach.  This was a great and scary revelation.  I had never taught before but accepted the challenge.

My fears got the best of me as thoughts raced through my mind. “What if they won’t listen?” “What if I’m boring?” “What if I don’t know any answers?” In my usual planning way I thought up some “exciting” ideas.  I will come up with a few gimmicks to keep everyone awake, this way they will hear.  My lesson failed miserably because people got distracted by my gimmick!

  • I must face the reality that GOD doesn’t need my help but loves when I do.
  • I must face the reality that GOD’s methods are strange to me but they always work.
  • I must face the reality that GOD’s message does not go out “void” rather every word spoken is fruitful and for HIM.


Sometimes I really can’t believe GOD’s plan for me.  I mean some of the things HE has me do seem futile.  Shouldn’t I fill a stadium and have thousands of people clamoring over CHRIST? Not right now. GOD has me right where HE needs me. It may be only one person I need to speak to in my entire life.  I just need to be ready and obedient to HIS ways.

  • Do you think GOD’s plan for you is wrong right now?
  • Do you feel like HE has you doing futile work?
  • Can you remain obedient and speak about HIM to someone today?


No comments:

Post a Comment