Tuesday, October 15, 2013

All that matters

Deuteronomy 11: 22 So be careful. Obey all of the commands I’m giving you to follow. Love the Lord your God. Live exactly as he wants you to live. Remain true to him. 23 Then the Lord will drive out all of the nations to make room for you. They are larger and stronger than you are. But you will take their land.

============

Like deer in headlights I sat in my chair stifled by worry.  I had so many “giant” situations on my mind that flooded my thoughts I could not see a way out. I mean, I had never been released from any position before and I hadn’t given them a reason to this time. Bills weren’t going to pay themselves.

What about paying for college? What about retirement? And that little old lady in some country far away from me, who is going to give to her if I’m out of work?

  • My worries blind me.
  • My lack of faith blinds me.
  • My trust in myself blinds me.


When I think I made it to the top on my own accord then I get blinded to who really put me there in the first place, namely GOD. When HE toppled my tower, I thought HE was mad at me because I was blind to what HE was really doing in my life. HE was refocusing me to look at HIM.

  • When I worry I remember to “love the LORD.”
  • When I lose my faith I remember to “live as HE wants me to live.”
  • When I get suspicious of GOD I remember to “remain true to HIM.”


It was GOD who cleared the way for me to reach the heights I rose to and it is up to HIM to keep me low or raise me up again and again. It’s not that my desires don’t matter to HIM, all that matters is that I love and respect HIM enough to allow HIS decisions to be final. I can find relief from worries by following GOD.

  • Are you worried?
  • Are you facing a “giant” situation?
  • Do you think your “giant” is larger than GOD?
  • Won’t you stop thinking about your “giant” and look at how powerful GOD really is?


No comments:

Post a Comment