Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Am I ready to be blessed?

Deuteronomy 12:There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you.

============

“Just look at how they handled my bags! I should complain.” I thought to myself staring at the mountain of luggage in a pile on the cruise. “What do you mean I can’t upgrade to first class? I have the right status” I verbalized in my complaint. “This rental car smells funny” I should complain I thought to myself.

  • Habitual complaining is easy to fall into.
  • Habitual complaining is blinding.
  • Habitual complaining is detrimental to my witness.


After traveling all over the nation I found myself in the same complaining mode as the rest of the passengers. My complaining spawned impatience which birthed rage and even contempt for “poor service.” I sought better treatment since “I” traveled so much I “deserved” it, right? Wrong!

  • GOD wants me to recognize HIS blessings instead seeking what I can get from complaints.
  • GOD wants me to understand people will mistreat me because they murdered HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to treat others as I wish to be treated no matter how poorly they are treating me.


Looking back I see I wasn’t a good representative of GOD in my complaining instances. HE would rather see me praise HIM for the many blessings HE has bestowed on me. HE wants me to see beyond the here and now and look to the place HE is taking me rather the place I am right now.

  • Are you complaining about something?
  • Are you blaming someone?
  • Can you stop focusing on what isn’t and look to where GOD is taking you?
  • Won’t you stop for a moment and truly praise GOD for the many blessings without expecting something from it?


No comments:

Post a Comment