Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Assuming they will be fine

Deuteronomy 22:If you see your fellow Israelite’s donkey or ox fallen on the road, do not ignore it. Help the owner get it to its feet.

============

Someone was on the side of the road a couple of weeks ago and I didn’t call anyone for help. In fact I can’t remember the last time I called for help for someone on the side of the road. The thought to help flashed in my mind but another thought popped in my head. “Everyone has a cell phone, they can call for help themselves.” I think I have even stopped noticing people on the side of the road.

  • A busy mind can make my heart forgetful.
  • When I assume the person is fine I think I don’t have to do any work.
  • When I believe someone else will help that person I find myself helping no one.


There are all kinds of reasons for me not helping people and they are all good. I mean I don’t have the time or the money or fill in the blank, I just don’t have it. But what does GOD want?

  • GOD wants me to be aware of my surroundings and help where I can.
  • GOD wants my heart to be willing and HE wants some action from me.
  • GOD wants me to see people in need rather than seeing them as an inconvenience.


Help is required all around me each day.  I don’t have to go very far to find a person in need.  GOD wants me to take a moment to help someone even when that deadline is approaching. This keeps my heart from being hard.

  • Are you too busy to help someone?
  • Do you think you don’t have the resources to help that person?
  • Can you change your thought about the “helpless” person and provide some help?
  • Won’t you begin with prayer for the person and see how GOD wants you to help?


No comments:

Post a Comment