Friday, October 11, 2013

Do I deserve a blessing?


Deuteronomy 9:The Lord your God is giving you this good land to take as your own. But you must understand that it isn’t because you are a godly nation. In fact, you are stubborn.

============

“You are very good at what you do” people would say. The first few times I heard this, I was flattered but couldn’t believe it. As time passed I would hear those words and wonder “where is my promotion?” After a while I started to demand a raise and a promotion.  “I’m the best employee they have” I thought to myself.

  • When I compare myself to others I get a deserving attitude.
  • When I think my talents are “my” talents I get a deserving attitude.
  • When I have achieved great things and think it’s because of me, I get a deserving attitude.


My deserving attitude can turn into pouting with GOD. “Why aren’t YOU giving me my way right now GOD?” is where I end up.  Then I start telling HIM about how I served HIM way back about a decade ago and maybe how I went to church last month.  Frankly, GOD isn’t impressed.

  • GOD is blessing me in spite of me.
  • GOD is blessing me in the “middle” of my sins and doesn’t wait for me to clean myself up.
  • GOD is blessing me even when I choose not to follow HIM, but loves when I do.


Mercy, grace and love are some of GOD’s strongest attributes but I can’t forget HE also has wrath, jealousy and judgment as part of HIS supremacy. GOD can discipline me when HE wants to and HE can bless me. HE can close doors and open them. HE loves when I submit my will to HIM, but my submission does not change HIS mind otherwise I could manipulate HIM.

GOD blesses me in spite of me and loves me enough to die for me.

  • Do you think you deserve your blessing?
  • Do you feel you have served GOD and now HE owes you something?
  • Can you stop looking at your service and thank HIM for where you are?
  • Won’t you accept where HE has you and thank HIM for HIS great plan for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment