Friday, October 25, 2013

Is my witness reliable?

Deuteronomy 19: 15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

============

My gruff boss pulled me into his office asking me about a person who previously worked with me at another company.  I didn’t like her very much but she was highly qualified. “I don’t think she will be a good fit” I told the guy. He didn’t hire her. I wonder if people would say slanderous things about me.

  • When I am blind and I want something my witness may not be reliable.
  • When I am blind and full of fear my witness may not be reliable.
  • When I am blind and carry bitterness or poison my witness may not be reliable.


My witness depends on how I view the person. I may see something that wasn’t there because I want the person to fail or get out of my way.  In other words I may fool myself into believing something that isn’t true and then my witness becomes false.

  • GOD wants me to be a reliable impartial witness.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIS will to be done so my witness has to align with HIS.
  • GOD wants me to see others as HE sees them rather than stirring up the crowd.


Compassion is what GOD wants me to give people. A criminal deserves to be convicted but I must not slander the person into being a criminal. GOD will root out the evil in HIS time, my job is to be reliable, truthful and loving.

  • Do you desire for a person you don’t agree with to fail or succeed?
  • Do you think your words are helping people see that person in a good or bad light?
  • Can you modify your witness to include your faults or are you busy talking about what others are doing wrong?
  • Won’t you take your blinders off and look at your witness?


No comments:

Post a Comment