Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why is GOD doing “this?”

Deuteronomy 8:He took your pride away. He let you go hungry. Then he gave you manna to eat. You and your parents had never even known anything about manna before. He tested you to teach you that man doesn’t live only on bread. He also lives on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothes didn’t wear out during these 40 years. Your feet didn’t swell.

Here is what I want you to know in your hearts. The Lord your God trains you, just as parents train their children.

Obey the commands of the Lord your God. Live as he wants you to live. Have respect for him.

============

“What’s wrong with my computer” I thought in an enraged and nervous fashion. I had to be on a very stressful call discussing whether I had a job or not. I worked from home that day which was highly unusual for me. As I waited for the call to begin I turned the TV on with the volume turned down low. I fiddled with my computer and finally it booted up and I was ready for the call.

Though the call had started, I heard someone on the news say “Oh my GOD, a plane has just run into one of the towers!” Why was all this happening?

  • Stressful situations aren’t always what I think.
  • Evil plots seem to win at times which makes me nervous.
  • Trouble doesn’t come at convenient times when I’m ready for it.


Many people around the world will remember what happened on this tragic day. I know I will. I also remember an argument with a loved one that same day. This day changed the course I was on in many ways and I questioned GOD. “Why are YOU allowing this to happen?” was my question.

  • Out of storms I learn many lessons from GOD that I cannot hear when things are going well.
  • Out of trouble my soul cries to GOD in ways I never cry out to HIM when I have plenty.
  • Out of trials I get stronger because GOD puts my heart to the test, not to see if I would fail, HE knows that, but to burn away impurities to follow HIM the way HE wants to be followed.


This same chapter discusses the problems with becoming wealthy and forgetting GOD in the process. I fully understand this because I have forgotten GOD many days. HE desires that I remember HIS power, HIS love and especially HIS grace for me to respect HIM.

  • Are you in the middle of blaming GOD?
  • Do you think GOD is out to get you?
  • Can you accept HIS course correction and get excited about where HE is taking you?
  • Won’t you respect HIS wishes for you and praise HIM for what HE has done in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment