Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Will I forget GOD?


Deuteronomy 6: 12 But be careful that you don’t forget the Lord. Remember that he brought you out of Egypt. That’s the land where you were slaves.

============

Nervous that GOD would use a lightning bolt to strike me down, I refused to work on a Sunday, at least until this particular boss told his team to go in and set up the convention.  This was the first time we tried a convention of this nature so it was all hands on deck. We worked through the weekend and I realized GOD hadn’t struck me down and I got a bonus for my efforts!  You mean I could have been doing this all along?

  • The worlds’ rewards seem gratifying but make me forget where I came from.
  • The worlds’ rewards seem worth the effort but require me to forget who I belong to.
  • The worlds’ rewards seem great but the greatness is only temporary which leaves me in the bondage of slavery to seeking the next victory.


Many times I speak about GOD’s love and HIS grace and mercy but I rarely speak about HIS wrath, authority and jealousy. Yes, GOD is a jealous GOD and refuses to have anything placed above HIM. It seems when I am in times of plenty I tend to forget GOD and the need to communicate with HIM.

  • GOD wants me delivered out of anything that takes my eyes off of HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remember the great things HE has done for me throughout my life to build up my trust in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has the best plan for me no matter how strange HIS plan appears to be.


When I am in times of plenty, there is no need for me to cry out to GOD and beg HIM for mercy. When things break, I can just go out and get five more. My thankfulness diminishes into complaints about other people. GOD wants me to remember HIS mercy during plenteous times, keeping praise and worship on my lips.

  • Are you in times of plenty?
  • Do you find you have less and less time for GOD?
  • Is work stressing you out to the point where you have no time for GOD?
  • Can you add a little time for GOD on your schedule and increase it each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment