Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Be carried on HIS wings

Deuteronomy 32: 10 In a desert land he found him,
    in a barren and howling waste.
He shielded him and cared for him;
    he guarded him as the apple of his eye,
11 like an eagle that stirs up its nest
    and hovers over its young,
that spreads its wings to catch them
    and carries them aloft.
12 The Lord alone led him;
    no foreign god was with him.

============

Sitting on the edge of my couch I wondered how I was going to succeed. I mean the letter from the university said I was no longer in the university and I had no backup plan. I went in and plead my case. Years later I graduated.

Sitting on another couch I wondered if I would ever leave the small town I worked in. I didn’t even know how to search for a job. Years later I moved to a large city with a wonderful job.

Sitting on yet another couch… (Apparently I do a lot of thinking on the couch) I pondered my future as I was out of work for the first time since I was 15. My entire identity was wrapped up in the corporate culture. Years later GOD directs my steps!

  • Being in the desert doesn’t feel comfortable to me.
  • Being in the desert doesn’t feel enjoyable to me.
  • Being in the desert doesn’t feel wonderful to me.


Each time I have been in the “desert” I couldn’t see what GOD was doing. I felt abandoned and alone. BUT GOD always had something different in mind.

  • GOD shields me from dangers I don’t even know about.
  • GOD watches out for me in the middle of the desert as the apple of HIS eye.
  • GOD catches me when I stumble and fall and carries me to new heights I would have never dreamt of.


GOD provides amazing rides. What seems like a desert is merely a training ground for bigger and better responsibility. My response to HIS training can grow me if I accept it.

  • Are you in the middle of the desert?
  • Do you feel a bit lost?
  • Can you recognize that GOD is protecting you?
  • Won’t you get rid of any anger and bitterness toward GOD and recognize HE is with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment