Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bless my work


Deuteronomy 32: 11 Bless all his skills, Lord,
    and be pleased with the work of his hands.
Strike down those who rise against him,
    his foes till they rise no more.”

============

“Pull up the weeds” my father said so I tried to escape by doing ‘inside the house stuff.’ Wash the walls” my mother said. “I can’t escape!” I thought to myself. When they said they were sending me down to spend some time with my grandmother I got excited!

When I arrived, I plopped down near a fan because of the blistering heat. Little did I know her plans were different. I was awaken early in the morning to work harder than I ever worked before! Won’t this work ever end?

  • Sometimes I complain about the work I’m doing.
  • Sometimes I want to escape the work because it seems like a curse.
  • Sometimes I feel stuck in a rut when it comes to my job.


What is the point? I ask myself. Doesn’t GOD want me to be rich and lazy? Apparently not! For me GOD has something different.

  • GOD has given me talent to work with my mind and my hands.
  • GOD has given me gifts that only I can do so I should not complain about them.
  • GOD has given me work to do and I should treat it with the highest esteem.


Whether it’s pulling up weeds, cleaning toilets (yes I did this too) or planning a multi-million dollar deployment, I need to treat the work like it’s directly from GOD. I can never take credit for the results either. It is GOD who blesses my work especially when I treat work like it’s a blessing!

  • Are you complaining about your job?
  • Do you think what you are doing is beneath you?
  • Can you look at your work as a blessing?
  • Won’t you treat what you are doing with the highest regard as if GOD delivered it to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment