Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Consult GOD first

Joshua 9: 14 The Israelites sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the Lord. 15 Then Joshua made a treaty of peace with them to let them live, and the leaders of the assembly ratified it by oath.

16 Three days after they made the treaty with the Gibeonites, the Israelites heard that they were neighbors, living nearthem. 17 So the Israelites set out and on the third day came to their cities: Gibeon, Kephirah, Beeroth and Kiriath Jearim. 18 But the Israelites did not attack them, because the leaders of the assembly had sworn an oath to them by the Lord, the God of Israel.

============

“Nine weeks will be a short assignment that would enable me to pick up a ton of cash and I can still perform the functions of my business” I greedily said to myself. I thought about what I would do with the cash and then I began planning.

Once I actually started working I realized I was in the worst assignment of my career. The atmosphere reeked of blame and deception. As I sat on the edge of my bed at 3:00 AM I realized I made a huge mistake.

  • When something looks too good to be true for me, it usually is.
  • When I look at things from a “monetary gain” perspective I usually fail.
  • When I think about a plan from a “personal gain” angle I usually fall flat.


Many times I have run off with a plan and have not consulted GOD. These plans sometimes make it pretty far but then come crashing down to the ground with painful consequences. When I wake up in pain I blame GOD asking HIM “Why did YOU let me fail?”

  • GOD wants me to consult HIM first before I make my plans.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIS permission and allow HIM to say NO.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wisdom, HIS power and HIS strength, for no plan can prosper without HIM.


The caveat to consulting GOD is I have to perform above the level otherwise HE will turn HIS back on the plan. I must respect everyone associated with the plan and listen to GOD intently. I must accept HIS timing and methods which can be long and scary. I must trust GOD.

  • Are you planning something?
  • Have you asked GOD “what do you want me to do?”
  • Are you staying on the course HE has laid out for you?
  • Won’t you ask HIM what plan HE wants for you instead of asking HIM for help on “your” plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment