Wednesday, November 20, 2013

GOD is powerful

Joshua 4: 21 He said to the Israelites, “In the future when your descendants ask their parents, ‘What do these stones mean?’ 22 tell them, ‘Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.’ 23 For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. 

24 He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God.”

============

A fresh coat of wax was the final step in making sure the car was clean for the trip. With passengers loaded we set off on our trip. Rain poured down but I didn’t worry. The wax would protect the car. Suddenly I hit a very large puddle. The car went into a skid and we found ourselves sideways sliding down the road.

Somehow I was able to gain control. “Wow, we didn’t slide off the road and there were no cars around us in all three lanes” I thought to myself. Wax didn't protect the car after all!

  • It’s ashamed when I doubt GOD.
  • It’s too bad when I don’t trust GOD.
  • It’s unfortunate when I lose my faith over little trouble.


It seems no matter how many miracles GOD does, I still have days where I wonder where HE is. I mean “what has HE done for me lately” is my abysmal attitude when I ask for something HE isn’t giving me. The gentle, kind, loving GOD reminds me of a few things.

  • GOD is powerful enough to get rid of any problem, HE is also powerful enough to put some in my way.
  • GOD is powerful enough to speak everything into existence, HE is also powerful enough to curse the earth and watch over me as I toil.
  • GOD is powerful enough to speak HIS promises and keep them, HE is also powerful enough to know when I won’t keep mine.


The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. GOD doesn’t want me to be so frightened of HIM that I don’t want a relationship with HIM rather HE wants me to know just how powerful HE is and fear trying things on my own.

When HE parted the Jordan HE wasn’t looking to brag nor did HE punish anyone. HE simply wanted everyone to remember HE can fix ANY problem with trust in HIM.

  • Are you trying to fix things yourself?
  • Do you think your plans will work without GOD?
  • Can you put your trust in the LORD fearing that without HIM all plans will fail?


No comments:

Post a Comment