Tuesday, November 19, 2013

GOD’s Plan


Joshua 3:And the Lord said to Joshua, “Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses.

============

“What a nice sash. You must have worked hard. You will do well!” were the words from a gentleman from another country I remember to this very day. At that age I felt rather directionless and I was in the scouts.  I read my scout book and looked at what it would take to achieve badges.

I sewed my badges on my sash with pitiful stitching. Some were dangling pathetically while others were crooked and pinched. I had no idea what affect this gentleman’s profound words would have on my life. GOD elevated me to heights I never would have dreamed of.

  • Sometimes GOD’s plan starts out with very simple roots.
  • Sometimes GOD’s plan seems cloudy and I have no idea where HE will take me.
  • Sometimes GOD’s plan looks pitiful and hopeless.


Nay-sayers seem to gravitate towards my plans. “You can’t do that” is the first thing out of their mouths. “The odds are against you, why try” is their follow on question. At times, my actions did seem futile and pitiful, BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD says to me “I will begin to exalt you” right at the inception of any plan.
  • GOD says to me “The battle is not yours” so any fight I face is going to be won.
  • GOD says to me “I am with you, who can be against you” so obstacles and barriers have to bow down to HIM.


When GOD says HE has a plan for me, HE means it. The obstacles of life are a training ground for the strength I will need in another battle. HE grows me and cares for me along the way. HE exalts me in HIS time.

  • Are you wondering where GOD is?
  • Can you see GOD is with you and will never leave you?
  • Won’t you stop trying to fight so hard and let GOD fight for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment