Monday, December 9, 2013

A place of rest


Joshua 19: 49 When they had finished dividing the land into its allotted portions, the Israelites gave Joshua son of Nun an inheritance among them, 50 as the Lord had commanded. They gave him the town he asked for—Timnath Serah in the hill country of Ephraim. And he built up the town and settled there.

============

Job number three got off to a rocky start. My boss was a jerk and I wasn’t enjoying the work. Will I ever find the perfect job?  I took a leadership class and the one statement that still sticks out in my mind is “Make the place where you are at the best place and it will become the best place.”

When I finally stopped complaining, the job became the best job of my career. I found my place.

  • When I think I’m in the wrong place I can’t get past the problems that arise.
  • When I fester over how terrible I’m being treated I can’t see what’s right.
  • When I critique every action in a place, I can’t contribute to making things right.


It seems like I get extremely restless when I think I’m in the wrong place. I dream up what it would be like if I were somewhere else and that gives me no rest. In fact my mind goes to war with my surroundings and I quickly fill my mouth with complaints. BUT GOD wants something different.

  • GOD keeps HIS promises and takes me into the Promised Land in spite of me.
  • GOD allows me to see HE is the one I should be looking at rather than the place I’m in.
  • GOD leads me to a place of rest once I put my mind on HIM rather than looking at the place.


When I am nervous, scared, anxious, worried, doubtful, depressed, or lonely GOD says, “Come unto ME with your tired, heavy laden heart and I will give you rest. Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME for I am meek and lowly at heart and you will find rest unto your soul. For MY yoke is easy burden is light.

  • Are you in a place of turmoil?
  • Do you think it is your attitude rather than the place?
  • Can you seek GOD for rest instead of trying to rest in the place you are in?
  • Won’t you give GOD your burden and let HIM carry your problems?


No comments:

Post a Comment