Monday, December 16, 2013

My plan can only work one way


Judges 1:1 After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked the Lord, “Who of us is to go up first to fight against the Canaanites?”

The Lord answered, “Judah shall go up; I have given the land into their hands.”

============

“Swagger” was another term for arrogance in the business. As I sat back and observed the partners of the company, I noticed they were very tough and deliberate.  In an effort to model their behavior, I had to become tough, but something else emerged. I learned how to “self-promote” in a smooth and cunning way.

I began to believe in myself so I set off in the direction “I” dreamt of. After a while it seemed like the partners who I patterned my style after, turned against me. My plans fell apart. I wonder who I could have consulted.

  • When I develop plans without GOD they fail.
  • When I think I make my plans successful under my own strength I fail.
  • When I doubt I need GOD and try things on my own I fail.


GOD wants me to consult HIM and ask HIM which way HE wants me to go. HE wants me to allow HIM to say “No” or “Wait” or “Yes” when I ask HIM for something. If my heart is aching over the answer then I am not giving GOD the room to do as HE pleases with my life.

  • GOD wants me to believe HE has the best plan for me no matter how strange it may look.
  • GOD wants me to share my belief publicly so HE can get the glory and draw people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to trust in HIS plan and to quit sulking when things look bleak.


After asking and listening, I should act in total belief of GOD’s blessing. When GOD says “go” I need to be ready to do as HE says. I must admit, HIS methods seemed quite strange to me and HE had me do some things in a very strange fashion, but when I look back, I can definitely see how HIS kingdom will grow and how HE has grown me!

  • Is your plan falling apart?
  • Are you feeling exhausted?
  • Can you consult GOD to see if HE is in your plan?
  • Won’t you ask HIM for clarity today and accept HIS answer

No comments:

Post a Comment