Thursday, January 2, 2014

Excuses

Judges 6: 14 The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”

15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.”

16 The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”

============

Distracted was the word that described my pitiful efforts. As I floundered through my classes I was stuck in a perpetual “I can’t do it” mode. I had no discipline, resources or focus and people expected me to graduate?! I didn’t even know where to begin.

  • When I see nothing but problems ahead I am probably making up excuses.
  • When I can’t think and I feel lost I am probably making up excuses.
  • When I feel overwhelmed because the task at hand is huge and I feel small I am probably making up excuses.


Back then I couldn’t see how I was going to accomplish the task at hand because I made excuses. Everything was a barrier and I couldn’t find my way around, over or through them.  At one point I just sat in my apartment and stared in despair. BUT GOD had something different in mind.

  • GOD says “Go in strength” meaning not my strength but HIS.
  • GOD says “I am sending you” meaning HIS plan will work no matter what I will encounter.
  • GOD says “I will be with you” meaning HE will be with me!


It is never my plans that succeed rather it is GOD’s plan that will never fail. When HE says “go” I must listen. When HE says “I will be with you” I should drop my fear and know HE is there to protect me. GOD tells me to “go in the strength I have” for in my weakness HE is strongest!

  • Are you trying to do things with your own power?
  • Do you have a very large task facing you?
  • Won’t you ask GOD to take over your plan?
  • Can you add trust to your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment