Friday, January 10, 2014

GOD is with you through the battle!

Judges 11: 29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites.

-------

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

============

Scowling faces made me feel a bit uneasy as I walked through the crowd. As I shook a few hands I engaged people in conversation to find out why they were so angry. As they told me their story I could empathize a bit more.

As I stood at the podium I saw the same scowls on the ocean of people but a sense of peace fell over me. I took a deep breath and began my presentation. I could actually see the scowls lift into smiles as I made some modifications to my discussion that included their pain. I could feel a spirit of peace in the room.

  • GOD gives me peace when I face something huge.
  • GOD leads me beside still waters and restores my soul.
  • GOD fights my battles when I face difficulty.


I would like to say it was me who calmed the crowd, but in reality it was GOD who brought peace in the room. Every circumstance, every situation, every tough decision can be brought to GOD and HE has plenty of peace to give me. All I have to do is trust that HE will be with me as I walk out and fight the battle, knowing the battle is already won because of HIM!

  • Are you fighting on your own strength?
  • Do you think you can win the battle by yourself?
  • Won’t you stop fighting without GOD and ask HIM to go before you today?
  • Can you trust that HE has your best interest in mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment