Friday, January 3, 2014

My own strength is faulty


Judges 7: The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’ Now announce to the army, ‘Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.’” So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.

-------

The Lord said to Gideon, “With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the others go home.”

============

With instructions from my brother I trekked to my high school early in the morning. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get there on public transportation that day because I second guessed what was told to me and I missed busses and trains.

As I got closer to the school, I noticed thugs, bullies and gangs lurking about.

Finally when I arrived I breathed a sigh of relief, but that sigh was short lived as one of the teachers gave instructions on what I had to purchase, where my locker was and two thousand other laws I had to keep. I was overwhelmed. Will I ever graduate, alive?

  • When I look at my strength I sometimes tremble with fear.
  • When I see situations that are far larger than me I sometimes shutter with fear.
  • When I think I have to solve a situation that is larger than my power I get stifled because of fear.


Fear makes me want to quit. I mean I think I am going to lose anyway, so why try? Maybe I should just go home, sit on the couch and ball up in the fetal position! BUT GOD has something different in mind.

  • GOD takes me through many difficult situations only to show me HIS strength.
  • GOD brings me through the battle to show me HE has already won the war.
  • GOD says “where you are weak I can show MY strength.”


Battles are GOD’s specialty. HE knows the extent HE cursed the Earth and HE knows just how to protect me through very harsh and difficult times. HE wants me to rely on HIS wisdom, HIS love and HIS strength. My strength pales in comparison to HIS so HE wants me to trust HIM.

  • Are you tired of trying things on your own?
  • Are you just plain old tired?
  • Won’t you look to GOD to solve and resolve your situation?
  • Can’t you add trusting in the LORD to your plan?



No comments:

Post a Comment