Friday, January 17, 2014

Treating GOD any old way!


Judges 17:Now this man Micah had a shrine, and he made an ephod and some household gods and installed one of his sons as his priest. In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.

============

“GOD won’t mind” is what I said when I lied to my boss for slipping away and goofing off. Well, actually I didn’t think about GOD at the time but later when it popped in my head I did. “GOD won’t mind” is what I said when I did (insert sin here). I mean HE did forgive me so I can sin as much as I want right?

  • Sometimes I treat GOD a bit too common.
  • Sometimes I treat GOD as if HE can’t do anything to me.
  • Sometimes I treat GOD like HE is a pushover and doesn’t require me to worship HIM.


My actions will always bear fruit, but many times the fruit may be rotten. GOD sees through my actions and understands that if even the tiniest bit of sin is at the root, the action will fail. Does this mean everything I do will fail?

  • GOD forgave me and cleansed me of all unrighteousness but I still should follow HIS ways.
  • GOD understands every temptation I face but if I look carefully HE shows me a way out.
  • GOD knows my weaknesses because HE made me but HE loves when I overcome them and turn to HIM.


Sometimes I look at GOD with extreme eyes. Either HE is this mushy, weak forgiver or HE is a sadistic punisher who likes to put tests in front of me that I will constantly fail. GOD is so much different than my thoughts!

HE is all powerful, all seeing, all knowing and chooses to show HIS love, gentleness and kindness to have a relationship with me.  HE knows the right amount of discipline to grow me instead of breaking me and has my best interest in mind ALL the time!

  • Do you have the wrong view of GOD?
  • Are you doing anything you wish and think there is no consequence for your action?
  • Won’t you turn your life back to GOD and watch HIM work in your life?
  • Can you take small steps toward HIM so HE can take giant steps towards you?


No comments:

Post a Comment