Thursday, January 23, 2014

What is GOD trying to protect me from?

Judges 19:Then when the man, with his concubine and his servant, got up to leave, his father-in-law, the woman’s father, said, “Now look, it’s almost evening. Spend the night here; the day is nearly over. Stay and enjoy yourself. Early tomorrow morning you can get up and be on your way home.” 10 But, unwilling to stay another night, the man left and went toward Jebus (that is, Jerusalem), with his two saddled donkeys and his concubine.

-------

16 That evening an old man from the hill country of Ephraim, who was living in Gibeah (the inhabitants of the place were Benjamites), came in from his work in the fields.

-------

20 “You are welcome at my house,” the old man said. “Let me supply whatever you need. Only don’t spend the night in the square.” 21 So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink.

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”

============

What a difficult piece of history this is!  This chapter had only a list of bad decisions that led to worse decisions that ultimately ended up with very, very bad things happening. It made me ponder… If GOD isn’t giving me something I really, really want, should I have it?

  • GOD sees my past and knows my future.
  • GOD understands what is good and healthy for me and protects me even from myself.
  • GOD delivers me from harm when I listen to HIM.


There have been parties I wanted to go to and my parents said “No” and I pouted. Looking back on one situation I do remember some “not so good” things happening to those who went. I pouted because the weather was bad and I couldn’t be with my friends. Many accidents happened that day and people were critically hurt.

I’m not spouting fear, doom and gloom. I just know that when I want something I should ask GOD if this thing I want is what HE wants for me. I should then allow HIM to say “No or Yes” and act accordingly. Usually if the thing I want doesn’t match following HIS word, I won’t get it.

  • Are you trying to go in your own direction?
  • Are you acting in fear?
  • Are you spreading fear to others?
  • Won’t you consult GOD instead of going down your own path?


No comments:

Post a Comment