Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Do not stop crying out to the LORD!


1 Samuel 7:When the Philistines heard that Israel had assembled at Mizpah, the rulers of the Philistines came up to attack them. When the Israelites heard of it, they were afraid because of the Philistines. They said to Samuel, “Do not stop crying out to the Lord our God for us, that he may rescue us from the hand of the Philistines.” Then Samuel took a suckling lamb and sacrificed it as a whole burnt offering to the Lord. He cried out to the Lord on Israel’s behalf, and the Lord answered him.

10 While Samuel was sacrificing the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to engage Israel in battle. But that day the Lord thundered with loud thunder against the Philistines and threw them into such a panic that they were routed before the Israelites.

============

One of my peers became my boss and all of us groaned.  He was a sneaky one who prowled around desks looking for the next idea he could take credit for. Our groan was because this was yet another person placed above us who could care less about us.

I found my energy to be low and my innovation hit rock bottom. Someone pulled me to the side and said, “You still have to perform even in difficult situations.”

  • Sometimes when things look difficult I want to give up.
  • Sometimes when circumstances seem against me I want to stop trying.
  • Sometimes when situations seem bleak I want to throw up my hands and surrender.


It seems like when I say to GOD, “I will follow YOU”, I face the most difficult times. Israel had just pledged their commitment to GOD and threw away their idols. No sooner than they uttered those words, they were faced with total destruction. BUT GOD had a different plan.

  • GOD wants me to give my fears to HIM by crying out to HIM with what I am fearful of.
  • GOD wants me continue to cry out to HIM so I can put total trust in HIS ways and timing.
  • GOD wants me to place my faith in HIS plan knowing the battle is already won.


I worry most when I work on my own plans under my own energy. I mean if I haven’t hear from GOD then my efforts seem unsure. Only when I cry out to the LORD for an extended period of time, do I hear from HIM and can gain clarity in my actions.

HE doesn’t always work on my worries right away, but HE always works on them right on time!

  • Are you facing a large challenge?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you write down your specific worry and give it to GOD?
  • Won’t you seek HIS power instead of exhausting yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment