Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Faith Over Fear


1 Samuel 11:But Nahash the Ammonite replied, “I will make a treaty with you only on the condition that I gouge out the right eye of every one of you and so bring disgrace on all Israel.”

-------

When the messengers came to Gibeah of Saul and reported these terms to the people, they all wept aloud. 

-------

When Saul heard their words, the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him, and he burned with anger. He took a pair of oxen, cut them into pieces, and sent the pieces by messengers throughout Israel, proclaiming, “This is what will be done to the oxen of anyone who does not follow Saul and Samuel.” Then the terror of the Lord fell on the people, and they came out together as one.

============

“I’m going to try to get rid of you” my boss said smugly. These words were amazing and shocking to me because I was one of the highest performers in the company. This time felt a little different than the many times before when I ran up against arrogance. Instead of ducking in a quiet corner of the company I felt it was time to go.

My sense of peace was met with many challenges of family and friends asking “what are you going to do?” Fear set in and during my exploration. “Why LORD?” I cried out.

  • When fear sets in I blame GOD instead of listening to HIM.
  • When fear sets in I allow myself to be conquered by the enemy.
  • When fear sets in I cannot see how GOD will deliver me.


Fear stifles me to the point where I can see the headlights headed straight at me yet I can’t jump out of the way of the speeding truck! I then want everyone else to feel miserable too, so I spread my “woe is me” to anyone who will listen. BUT GOD wants me to get up!

  • GOD wants me to tell HIM my “woe is me” story and be done with it.
  • GOD wants me to give my pity party to HIM and move on.
  • GOD wants me to spit my poisonous words out so I can carry HIS sweet message of love and salvation.


Many shocking situations have appeared in my life and many more to come. GOD wants me to not be so shocked and remain steadfast to HIS ways, HE wants me to trust in HIM rather than working under my own pitiful power.

GOD delivers in HIS way. Fortunately for me HIS way is mighty!

  • Are you oppressed?
  • Does it seem like you are not getting anywhere?
  • Can you see GOD’s deliverance is through faith in HIM?
  • Won’t you put your trust that HE is concerned about every detail of your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment