Thursday, February 20, 2014

Feeling Unprepared

1 Samuel 13: 19 Not a blacksmith could be found in the whole land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears!” 20 So all Israel went down to the Philistines to have their plow points, mattocks, axes and sickles sharpened. 21 The price was two-thirds of a shekel for sharpening plow points and mattocks, and a third of a shekel for sharpening forks and axes and for repointing goads.

22 So on the day of the battle not a soldier with Saul and Jonathan had a sword or spear in his hand; only Saul and his son Jonathan had them.

============

After filling out a mountain of paper I was now an employee. I was actually making real money! My celebration didn’t last because my boss began asking me questions that I couldn’t answer. I felt so unprepared. Everyone else around me had received proper training from some great institutions. I on the other hand barely made it out after being kicked out twice. “How will I succeed?” I thought to myself with dread.
  • When I look at my tools compared to others I feel inadequate.
  • When I look at my resources compared to others I feel under-dressed.
  • When I look at my help compared to others I feel unsure.


Sometimes I have been in situations where I felt I was clinging to a floating tree in the middle of the ocean. Inadequate resources, pitiful tools and no help in sight made me feel like I was unprepared to face the battle. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD says to me “Be still and know that I am GOD.”
  • GOD says to me “MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”
  • GOD says to me “I will be with you even unto the end of the world.”

GOD wants me to rely on HIS power and might. HE desires that I come to HIM when I feel inadequate, overwhelmed or plain old scared. HE understands that I will have fear, but I shouldn’t let the fear consume me. HE says “Trust in ME” and when I do, my fears go away and it ALWAYS works out the way GOD intended.
  • Do you have fear?
  • Are you adding fear to the situation?
  • Can you stop looking at what you have and look at what GOD has?
  • Won’t you begin seeking HIS kingdom instead of fretting about this one?


No comments:

Post a Comment