Friday, February 14, 2014

GOD knows the desires of my heart

1 Samuel 9: 19 “I am the seer,” Samuel replied. “Go up ahead of me to the high place, for today you are to eat with me, and in the morning I will send you on your way and will tell you all that is in your heart. 20 As for the donkeys you lost three days ago, do not worry about them; they have been found. And to whom is all the desire of Israel turned, if not to you and your whole family line?”

============

Feeling rather defeated, I trudged back to my apartment to eat dinner alone and get ready for the next day. Work was boring and repetitious and I had been turned down for one job and the other company I really wanted to work for went on a hiring freeze. I settled my mind, got my mail and noticed a message on my answering machine.

“No one calls me” I thought to myself living in this strange town.  The message referenced my mail. When I opened the envelope in question, I got a sense this would be a life changing job. I returned the call and began a new adventure.

  • GOD knows the desires of my heart.
  • GOD knows exactly what I can handle.
  • GOD knows exactly what HE wants for HIS wonderful plan for me.


Several times in my life I wanted something and GOD said “Not quite” meaning I only knew what my desire was from the surface. GOD knew something more about my desire and took it a step further.  HE developed the perfect plan for me and I could not have ever thought of the path HE put me on.

  • GOD’s plan is far deeper than the surface plan I can develop.
  • GOD’s plan takes into account my disappointments, wants and needs to form a perfect road for me.
  • GOD’s plan seems like a dead end at times, but always, always comes through.


In spite of my doubts and others, GOD has a plan that is etched in stone for me. HE said “No one can pluck you out of MY hand” meaning HE will never, ever let go of me. Since HE is holding onto me, HIS plan for me won’t fail. All I have to do is trust.

  • Is your trust low?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you?
  • Can you open your eyes, ears and heart to see HE is working in and on your life?
  • Won’t you give your desires to GOD so HE can develop a better plan for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment