Tuesday, February 25, 2014

GOD won’t mind… Will HE?


1 Samuel 15:This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

-------

But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves and lambs—everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.

============

Bonus time was a great time of the year.  I thought of all the great things I was going to purchase. As I sat in church I heard the preacher say give a tenth of my “earnings.” So that meant my “salary” not my “bonus” I quickly convinced myself.  I quickly went and bought whatever I was looking at.

  • Sometimes I twist the Bible in my favor.
  • Sometimes I hear the words of GOD and ignore the parts where HE would discipline me.
  • Sometimes I think that since I’m saved, I am spared from consequences.



Some of the “rules” and regulations listed in the Bible seem weird, limiting and just plain old crazy to me sometimes. So I pick and choose the ones I can follow easily and throw out the rest saying “those rules are too hard to follow.” BUT GOD wants something different.

  • GOD wants me to view HIS word as protection rather than frustration.
  • GOD wants me to listen to HIM for guidance rather than nagging.
  • GOD wants me to hear HIS words of love rather than HIM being a party pooper.


I do remember hearing one preacher say “read the Bible with the view that GOD loves HIS humans and you will see a different GOD.” He was right. I mean in the Bible and in my life we turn away from GOD every chance we can. GOD simply wants me to recognize the need for HIS salvation because HE cursed the earth and the things I chase after.

HE says “seek ME and you will have treasure in heaven.”

  • Are you constantly fretting over cash?
  • Are your decisions driven by cash and fear and doubt and worry?
  • Can you let go of your fears and allow GOD to lead you?
  • Won’t you stand still and watch HIS deliverance?


No comments:

Post a Comment