Wednesday, February 5, 2014

GOD’s might


1 Samuel 2:“The Lord brings death and makes alive;
    he brings down to the grave and raises up.
The Lord sends poverty and wealth;
    he humbles and he exalts.
He raises the poor from the dust
    and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes
    and has them inherit a throne of honor.
“For the foundations of the earth are the Lord’s;
    on them he has set the world.


============

“Check his pockets” the thugs said, being quite thorough in their robbery. Fortunately I kept my precious bus money in my sock. Yes, sometimes it was a bit cumbersome when a quarter would slip down by my toes but it was worth it this day.

This memory popped in my head as I sat at the table of a major corporation making decisions on what to do with their billions of dollars. Looking back, it was only GOD who brought me through it all.

  • GOD can say “No” and “Yes” in my life.
  • GOD can take money away or give me money.
  • GOD can keep me low or raise me up amongst men.


I never would have known that I would be raised up to where GOD placed me. HE brought me through many difficult and dangerous times without a scratch. People think it’s their own abilities that elevate them. They are fooled by their credentials. BUT GOD is very different.

  • GOD elevates and exalts me.
  • GOD lifts and dusts me off.
  • GOD seats me with people I would never have guessed I would be seated with.


I stopped believing in my ability long time ago because my skills are limiting. GOD has far more power than I could ever muster up and HE does amazing things in my life.

  • Is GOD amazing to you?
  • Do you see GOD as a barrier or infinite power?
  • Are you exhausted or energized?
  • Won’t you stop looking at your abilities and become amazed at GOD again?


No comments:

Post a Comment