Monday, March 24, 2014

Asking for the correct path


2 Samuel 5: 18 Now the Philistines had come and spread out in the Valley of Rephaim; 19 so David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I go and attack the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my hands?”

The Lord answered him, “Go, for I will surely deliver the Philistines into your hands.”

============

When I began college I jumped right in, doing as I was told and failing miserably at it. In fact one professor said to me “unless you write a brilliant final, you WILL fail this class.” Ugh, the words still shutter in my mind!

When I graduated I thought to myself… “That was rough! How can I do things differently?” I got on my knees and began to pray this simple prayer “LORD please make me successful.” When I got up, nothing changed. I mean I still had a beat up car, bills and a job I had no clue how to conquer. But for some reason, I felt different.

  • When I proceed in my plan without GOD I fail miserably.
  • When I think I can do things without GOD I am sadly mistaken.
  • When I march forward without GOD I run into many problems that HE allows me to stay in.


Desires and goals pop into my head and they seem quite innocent. I mean it’s not like I’m trying to hurt someone or perform a crime. BUT GOD wants my entire life

  • GOD wants me to ask HIM about my plans because HE may have something different in mind.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM about my plans to give HIM the chance to say NO or NOT NOW or YES.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM about my plans so HE can add something special to them and truly make it a blessing.


When I leave GOD out of my plans, I leave out answers about the future that only HE knows. I leave out power to remove obstacles that only HE can remove. I leave out compassion for others that HE adds to my plan.

GOD answered my simple prayer and may me wildly “successful.” When I don’t include HIM, my plans fall apart, so I try to ask HIM for HIS blessings on a daily basis.

  • Are you trying to do things on your own?
  • Do you think you can execute your plan without GOD?
  • Are you trying to execute a plan that has not been blessed by GOD?
  • Won’t you ask HIM for direction today and allow HIM to work in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment