Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blaming GOD


2 Samuel 6:When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. The Lord’s anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down, and he died there beside the ark of God.

Then David was angry because the Lord’s wrath had broken out against Uzzah, and to this day that place is called Perez Uzzah.

David was afraid of the Lord that day and said, “How can the ark of the Lord ever come to me?” 10 He was not willing to take the ark of the Lord to be with him in the City of David. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite. 11 The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the Lord blessed him and his entire household.

12 Now King David was told, “The Lord has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God.” So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.

============

Finally at 12:30AM I went to bed after watching my racy show. This would be a normal day, I thought to myself. As I raced to the airport traffic was unusually thick entering the parking area. I cut it too close and watched the plane pull away from boarding area as I had arrived.

GOD why are YOU doing this to me?! I screamed in my mind!  With the sunken feeling of reality, I booked the next flight, knowing the partner of the firm would be livid. He was!

  • Sometimes when things don’t go my way I blame GOD.
  • Sometimes when things are going wrong I blame GOD.
  • Sometimes when I think things aren’t fair I blame GOD.


David wasn’t supposed to have the ark of GOD on a cart rather it was to be carried by consecrated people as a burden to their sins. David became angry at GOD for killing a person when in reality David was the cause. I can see similar situations in my life when I am mad at GOD but blind to the sin I’m doing in my life.

  • GOD wants me to recognize my own sin and admit it ti HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand when I’m blaming HIM and focus on praising HIM.
  • GOD wants me to control my contempt of HIM being GOD and thank HIM rather than blame HIM.


With my sin GOD doesn’t always react with punishment. If that were the case, I would have been wiped off the planet years ago. GOD sometimes punishes me and other times HE teaches me with grace, mercy and love. HE is to be praised, not blamed!

  • Are you blaming GOD for your circumstance?
  • Are you trying to control your situation too much?
  • Can you let go of your situation and allow GOD to yield HIS fruit?
  • Won’t you review your own life and give HIM areas that are holding you back from greatness?


No comments:

Post a Comment