Friday, March 14, 2014

Change of plans may not be a good idea


1 Samuel 28:The Philistines assembled and came and set up camp at Shunem, while Saul gathered all Israel and set up camp at Gilboa. When Saul saw the Philistine army, he was afraid; terror filled his heart. 

He inquired of the Lord, but the Lord did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets. Saul then said to his attendants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her.”

“There is one in Endor,” they said.

============

“LORD please make me wealthy” was my childish prayer at the time. With bills mounting high and no relief in sight, fear fell over me and I didn’t know where to go. I did not hear anything from GOD. No signs or people or bags of money from heaven. I devised a plan. “Powerball!” I immediately bought a lottery ticket and pledged to give a tenth of my millions to the closest church.

  • Fear makes me turn from GOD.
  • Fear makes me murmur at trials GOD takes me through.
  • Fear makes me put my hope into something other than GOD.


When I am filled with fear, I see things differently. I “react” instead of consulting GOD and sometimes put my trust in something other than HIM. GOD wants me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to trust HIM in the middle of my fear.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE loves me in the middle of my trial.
  • GOD wants me to tell others of HIS might even before HE delivers me out of my troubles.


Fear makes me change my plans and run away from GOD. I seek comfort somewhere other than where GOD tells me and my plans fall apart rapidly. When I seek GOD’s face I come through the trial triumphant, no matter what I’m facing!

  • Are you facing a trial?
  • Do you feel alone?
  • Can you seek GOD instead of dreaming of a plan that doesn’t have HIM in it?
  • Won’t you ask GOD for HIS success instead of yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment