Friday, March 7, 2014

GOD gives me my footing!

1 Saumel 22: 1 David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father’s household heard about it, they went down to him there. All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their commander. About four hundred men were with him.

-------

20 But one son of Ahimelek son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled to join David. 21 He told David that Saul had killed the priests of the Lord. 22 Then David said to Abiathar, “That day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, I knew he would be sure to tell Saul. I am responsible for the death of your whole family. 23 Stay with me; don’t be afraid. The man who wants to kill you is trying to kill me too. You will be safe with me.”

============

Sitting on the corporate jet I discussed the millions we were going to spend that year and how we were going to use the large department to grow the business. Years later I sat in my home wondering where my first customer was going to come from in my micro business.

All of the large budgeting techniques and resource management lessons couldn’t scare up a single customer on my own. On opening day there were no parades or floods of people handing me money like my previous employer. “LORD where are you?” was my question.

  • When I put a timer on GOD I get disappointed.
  • When I get anxious about when HE is going to deliver me I get distressed.
  • When I threaten GOD with a date and a line in the sand I get displeased.


GOD scoffs at my dates and times. In fact HE laughs at every humans plans and end of world predictions. HE is the only one who knows what is going to happen so HE says this to me.

  • MY thoughts are not your thoughts MY ways are not your ways.
  • No one knows the day or the hour in which I will return.
  • I will be with you even until the end of this age.
  • Put your trust in ME.


David started to get his footing even though he was still being pursued. I felt the same way when after my exclamation a customer purchased, then another and another. Soon I had a contract with steady work. GOD started my journey over with a small group of people.

  • Do you feel you have lost you footing?
  • Do you feel you have started over and are hiding in a cave?
  • Can you come out of your cave and face the situation with GOD’s strength?
  • Won’t you shut out the noise of the doubters and move forward with confidence, trust and faith?


No comments:

Post a Comment