Monday, March 10, 2014

Sometimes my faith needs help

1 Samuel 23: 15 While David was at Horesh in the Desert of Ziph, he learned that Saul had come out to take his life. 16 And Saul’s son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God. 

17 “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “My father Saul will not lay a hand on you. You will be king over Israel, and I will be second to you. Even my father Saul knows this.” 18 The two of them made a covenant before the Lord. Then Jonathan went home, but David remained at Horesh.

============

All I could think of was “Mud” and “Dust” and “The weak baby with the fly on its eye” as I answered the call to go on this particular missions trip.  I was scared out of my wits. When we had our first meeting, one of the leaders asked are there any concerns?

I, of course, raised my hand and began blurting out a list of questions expressing my obvious concern. One of the leaders told all of us “Do not be afraid. GOD will watch over us.”

  • Sometimes I get afraid of the unknown.
  • Sometimes I dream of what could go wrong with my comfortable life.
  • Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if the worst happens.


I imagined sleeping in a bug infested hut and in reality we stayed in a nice home in a great city. The images I had seen from television placed a false view of the people I would be serving. My fear almost kept me from answering the call BUT GOD sent word through HIS servants.

  • GOD said to me “Do not be afraid.”
  • GOD said to me “I will be with you.”
  • GOD said to me “Serve MY people and you will be fine.”


I went on the trip and it was life changing. I saw extreme wealth and extreme poverty. I witnessed people starving to hear a message of hope and now I want to give that hope to many. I am glad GOD sent people to calm me down.

  • Are you nervous about something?
  • Do you fear the worst?
  • Can you hear this message that GOD is with you and loves you dearly?
  • Won’t you comfort a person who is nervous and tell them to “keep going?”


No comments:

Post a Comment