Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When GOD’s plan doesn’t seem to be working

1 Samuel 19:But an evil spirit from the Lord came on Saul as he was sitting in his house with his spear in his hand. While David was playing the lyre, 10 Saul tried to pin him to the wall with his spear, but David eluded him as Saul drove the spear into the wall. That night David made good his escape.

11 Saul sent men to David’s house to watch it and to kill him in the morning. But Michal, David’s wife, warned him, “If you don’t run for your life tonight, tomorrow you’ll be killed.” 12 So Michal let David down through a window, and he fled and escaped. 

============

“Another ticket” I thought to myself furiously! The No Parking zone had gotten to me again by a couple of feet as my car edged over the line. I snatched it off the windshield, jumped in my car and desired to speed away only to the dismay of my car not starting. “Oh no, If I’m late for work, I will be fired!” “Why is this happening to me?” I exclaimed!

  • In the middle of trial it’s hard for me to see GOD.
  • In the middle of the problem it’s hard for me to sing praises.
  • In the middle of the situation it’s hard for me to be excited.


David was chased and had very few places to run. With men on every corner he fled for his life. This doesn’t seem like a plan for someone who was destined to be the king.

  • GOD has a plan for me that includes’ trials and peace.
  • GOD has a plan for me that includes’ obstacles and blessings.
  • GOD has a plan for me that includes’ poverty and wealth.


Like David, many times I wondered, “Where is GOD?” I mean can’t HE see I’m in trouble right now, would be my thought. Looking back I can see GOD strengthened me through these trials. Each obstacle I have faced has made me stronger than before. GOD has blessed me with faith to face the next trial. HE is my fortress.

  • Are you facing a trial?
  • Does the trial seem like it will never end?
  • Can you understand that GOD loves you and has a great plan for you?
  • Can you stop being angry at GOD and others and praise HIM at least once today?


No comments:

Post a Comment