Tuesday, April 29, 2014

GOD knows science


1 Kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. 30 Solomon’s wisdom was greater than the wisdom of all the people of the East, and greater than all the wisdom of Egypt. 

31 He was wiser than anyone else, including Ethan the Ezrahite—wiser than Heman, Kalkol and Darda, the sons of Mahol. And his fame spread to all the surrounding nations. 32 He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs numbered a thousand and five. 33 He spoke about plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon to the hyssop that grows out of walls. He also spoke about animals and birds, reptiles and fish. 34 From all nations people came to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, sent by all the kings of the world, who had heard of his wisdom.

============

Staring at the test, my mind raced. “Should I answer the question with my belief?” was my quandary. The question was steeped in evolution and, while I had not been in church, I was taught that GOD created everything. I answered the question the way I was supposed to and received a good grade, but felt a sense of loss, kinda like I betrayed GOD.

  • I have strived to be “smart” but I was pointed in the wrong direction.
  • I wanted to gain “knowledge” but it didn’t carry faith.
  • I desired to “understand” but at the end of each road I was left with more questions.


In my opinion, belief in GOD isn’t as popular as it used to be. Scientific discoveries mixed with the endless possibility of money seem to drown out the message of GOD. It’s easy for me to blend in rather than stand out, BUT GOD wants recognition.

  • GOD is the source of wisdom so I must credit HIM with all I know.
  • GOD is the source of knowledge for it is HE who made everything.
  • GOD is the source of understanding because HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live inside of me to lead and guide me in HIS ways.


Scholars, business people and those who are highly respected would scoff at my beliefs, approaches and practices. Instead of relying on the world, GOD wants me to ask HIM for direction first. HE even sends unlikely people my way and says “here is your person.” EVERY time I have listened to GOD’s strange ways, I came out on top!

  • Are you seeking to be “smart” or “wise?”
  • Is the knowledge you are seeking on GOD’s path?
  • What will you do with the knowledge you acquire?
  • Won’t you ask GOD for wisdom, knowledge and understanding so HE can use your talents for HIS purposes?


No comments:

Post a Comment