Wednesday, April 23, 2014

GOD’s steps to prosperity

1 Kings 2: When the time drew near for David to die, he gave a charge to Solomon his son.
“I am about to go the way of all the earth,” he said. “So be strong, act like a man, and observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go and that the Lord may keep his promise to me: ‘If your descendants watch how they live, and if they walk faithfully before me with all their heart and soul, you will never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’

============

Days can become difficult and one can lose heart so GOD says “Be Strong” to me so I won’t become discouraged.

Fast paced life and busy times can blind me so GOD says “Observe what the LORD your GOD requires” so I can slow down, open my spiritual eyes and see how HE is working in my life.

Temptation flaunts itself in my face daily so GOD says to me “Walk in obedience to HIM, and keep HIS decrees and commands, HIS laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses” so the more I follow HIM the clearer my path becomes.

It is very clear that large amounts of money should not be my destination. This turns many people away from following GOD.  Wealth blinds and after a while the only purpose I am left with is to protect my “stuff.”  GOD wants something very different from me.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIM no matter what’s going on around me.
  • GOD wants me to be delighted in HIS path rather than sulking about what I do or do not have.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways so HE will bring many to me to point people to HIM.


“Purpose” is part of the prosperity GOD gives me. When I live my life for HIS purpose I am forever wealthy!

  • Are you bowing down to the god of wealth?
  • Do you feel nervous about money for yourself or someone else?
  • Do you think cash will bring happiness, health and security?
  • Can you turn your thoughts to GOD rather than focusing on the things of this world?
  • Will you let GOD dictate your wealth based on your generosity?


No comments:

Post a Comment