Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Right the wrong

2 Samuel 21: During the reign of David, there was a famine for three successive years; so David sought the face of the Lord. The Lord said, “It is on account of Saul and his blood-stained house; it is because he put the Gibeonites to death.”

------- 

David asked the Gibeonites, “What shall I do for you? How shall I make atonement so that you will bless the Lord’s inheritance?”

The Gibeonites answered him, “We have no right to demand silver or gold from Saul or his family, nor do we have the right to put anyone in Israel to death.”

“What do you want me to do for you?” David asked.

============

Headed to a nearby college, a fraternity brother and I worked on our relationship and had a good discussion along the way. I rented a jalopy and didn’t get the insurance to save a few dollars. Engrossed in our conversation and in the middle of nowhere, I hit a car who was in the wrong but we would split the damage.

We got out of our vehicles and had a conversation with the other driver. We discovered he was a high school person who had taken his parents vehicle. We originally got in our cars to seek a phone. My frat brother said, “Let’s get out of here” so I took his advice and sped off to our destination of “fun.” Upon my return, the rental company charged me for the damage and I couldn’t pay tuition.

  • There have been people I have wronged in the past.
  • There have been incidents where I have not been innocent.
  • There have been times in which I caused the problem.


As I became more and more mature, I realized it is better to face difficult situations rather than running away from them.  Yes in many instances someone else has something to do with the wrong, but doing another wrong doesn’t make it right.

  • GOD wants me to clear my conscience by facing the wrongs I have done.
  • GOD wants me to open the wounds so HE can make them heal.
  • GOD wants me to admit I need a savior so HE can cleanse me of all unrighteousness.


During dry seasons in my life, I seek GOD’s face and HE clearly shows me where I can right a wrong, no matter if I did it or if it were someone GOD has given responsibility over. GOD simply wants me to follow HIM, HIS way.

  • Are you going through a dry season?
  • Do you feel like GOD is punishing you?
  • Can you seek GOD and ask HIM if there is something that needs clearing up?
  • Will you seek the kingdom instead of fooling yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment