Thursday, April 10, 2014

What goes around comes around


2 Samuel 17: Ahithophel said to Absalom, “I would choose twelve thousand men and set out tonight in pursuit of David. I would attack him while he is weary and weak. I would strike him with terror, and then all the people with him will flee. I would strike down only the king and bring all the people back to you. The death of the man you seek will mean the return of all; all the people will be unharmed.” This plan seemed good to Absalom and to all the elders of Israel.

-------

But Absalom said, “Summon also Hushai the Arkite, so we can hear what he has to say as well.”

-------

Hushai replied to Absalom, “The advice Ahithophel has given is not good this time.

-------

14 Absalom and all the men of Israel said, “The advice of Hushai the Arkite is better than that of Ahithophel.” For the Lord had determined to frustrate the good advice of Ahithophel in order to bring disaster on Absalom.

============

Fed up with being pushed around, I started lifting weights. Soon I gained some nice size and I started hanging with the muscle heads. One guy was particularly mean. Okay, I think he was on steroids. He suggested we go out to a bar with him to have some “fun.” Not knowing what he meant, I agreed.

Another guy said “I don’t think we should go” so I didn’t.  A few days later the bar going guy furiously stormed into the gym. “Why didn’t y’all show up? I had to fight these guys all by myself.”

GOD has protected me many times from bad advice and stupid actions. In this instance I was protected from becoming the bully I longed to get away from. I played out the scenario after the incident and I could see nothing but destruction.

  • GOD says to me “Whatsoever you sow you will reap.”
  • GOD says to me “Love one another as I have loved you.”
  • GOD says to me “Be slow to anger.”
  • GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE.”


When I am full of rage and fury, my next steps are very important. I can take the full rage and turn it into hatred, spreading poison and death to many or I can follow what GOD says and give HIM my poison and let HIM diffuse the situation. If I choose GOD’s way I must realize HE wants to save “that” person as well. Whatever the choice, I will reap what I sow.

  • Are you angry at someone?
  • Do you have rage?
  • Can you let go of your anger and rage and let GOD work it all out?


No comments:

Post a Comment