Monday, April 28, 2014

What would you ask for?


1 Kings 3:At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.”

-------

“Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”

10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. 11 So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, 12 I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. 

13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. 14 And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”

============

Each of my “very” big steps began with a feeling of inadequacy. Could I rise to the task or will I be a huge failure? Many times I just dove in “hoping” for the best.  BUT GOD wanted me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for HIS strength when I feel inadequate.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for wisdom instead of another bill payment.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for a discerning heart to be able to see HIM working in spite of my sins.


Yeah, I know, “ask for the cash” sounds great, but GOD knows something about money that I don’t.  HE knows I’m corruptible and weak so HE would rather have me ask for HIS wisdom so I can follow HIS way. If HE decides to pour out wealth on me, then I will have the wisdom to use it to further HIS kingdom rather than building one of my own here on earth.

  • Are you in need?
  • What are you asking GOD for?
  • Can you ask HIM to open your eyes to what HE is already doing in your life?
  • Won’t you submit yourself to HIS guidance?


No comments:

Post a Comment