Friday, May 23, 2014

Being Part of the Set Up

1 Kings 21:Jezebel his wife said, “Is this how you act as king over Israel? Get up and eat! Cheer up. I’ll get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.”

So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, placed his seal on them, and sent them to the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city with him. In those letters she wrote:

“Proclaim a day of fasting and seat Naboth in a prominent place among the people. 10 But seat two scoundrels opposite him and have them bring charges that he has cursed both God and the king. Then take him out and stone him to death.”

============

Setting people up for failure was common in the workplace. Give a person a task and don’t give them the resources or support, then write an evaluation on them. Everyone was mad at this consultant anyway, and besides, in my mind he was a jerk!

  • JESUS was falsely accused.
  • JESUS was murdered by those who didn’t like HIM and who wanted power.
  • JESUS was set up for failure by those who wanted HIM out of the way.


Slander is easy when I want to shine, but it takes maturity to confess my wrongs and admit my failures. GOD does not want me to be part of tearing people down rather HE wants me to encourage them to do better. I know everyone cannot be motivated by my words, but I should be ready to speak HIS words when GOD delivers someone to me.

  • Are you setting someone up for failure?
  • Have you pulled your support back?
  • Can you encourage “that” person with words of GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment