Wednesday, May 14, 2014

But GOD saw it

1 Kings : At that time Abijah son of Jeroboam became ill, and Jeroboam said to his wife, “Go, disguise yourself, so you won’t be recognized as the wife of Jeroboam. Then go to Shiloh. Ahijah the prophet is there—the one who told me I would be king over this people. Take ten loaves of bread with you, some cakes and a jar of honey, and go to him. He will tell you what will happen to the boy.” So Jeroboam’s wife did what he said and went to Ahijah’s house in Shiloh.

Now Ahijah could not see; his sight was gone because of his age. But the Lord had told Ahijah, “Jeroboam’s wife is coming to ask you about her son, for he is ill, and you are to give her such and such an answer. When she arrives, she will pretend to be someone else.”

So when Ahijah heard the sound of her footsteps at the door, he said, “Come in, wife of Jeroboam. Why this pretense? I have been sent to you with bad news. Go, tell Jeroboam that this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I raised you up from among the people and appointed you ruler over my people Israel.

============

“Ink erasers were great inventions” I thought to myself as I tap danced my way into yet another free meal. I was very broke and living in an apartment.  I still had my student ID with the last meal sticker on it. The student in charge of the door barely paid attention to the sticker and didn’t notice the erasures of the marks denoting I had eaten already.

I loaded up my backpack with food and sometimes plates, forks and pepper shakers. I had “gotten away” with eating for free… or so I thought.

  • When I think I got away with something, I am sadly mistaken.
  • When I think I can hide something, I am foolish in my assumption.
  • When I think no one will ever know, I am blind and will not succeed.


GOD knows my heart and sees every action. HE knows when I am trying to hide something and does the thing I don’t want HIM to do… HE makes my secret fully known!

  • GOD shines light on my sins in public because HE cannot have anything hidden.
  • GOD digs through the core of my heart and finds the insincere selfishness because my relationship with HIM has to be pure.
  • GOD sees every situation I try to get myself into and allows me travel a path that goes away from HIS teachings.


When I think I can get away with something small, I try something bigger and bigger. Soon I find myself in a world of trouble that only GOD can get me out of. GOD wants me to stop at even the tiniest thought in order to move back on the correct path. I am glad GOD matured me to be able to do without rather than continuing down a destructive road.

  • Are you trying to get away with something?
  • Do you think your secret is really a secret with GOD?
  • When is the last time you have taken inventory of “your” actions and given them to GOD?
  • Can you begin to get on the road to maturity and truly confess to GOD?



No comments:

Post a Comment