Thursday, May 15, 2014

Committed versus Perfection


1 Kings 15: 11 Asa did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, as his father David had done. 12 He expelled the male shrine prostitutes from the land and got rid of all the idols his ancestors had made. 

13 He even deposed his grandmother Maakah from her position as queen mother, because she had made a repulsive image for the worship of Asherah. Asa cut it down and burned it in the Kidron Valley. 14 Although he did not remove the high places, Asa’s heart was fully committed to the Lord all his life.

============

Tired of things going “wrong,” I decided to dedicate my life back to GOD. I mean everything else had failed, why not try this. I actually felt a load fall off of my mind. I could breathe again.  A couple of years into my renewed life things seemed to go extremely well.

But one year I hit a small blip as a family member’s health came into question. Then I got news of a friend who was dying. My car was broken into and other areas of my life were shaken.  “Wait! I thought life would be easy if I were to put my trust in GOD!” I huffed in disappointment. Maybe I’m not trying to live for HIM hard enough! I wonder if I need to give up on GOD.

  • GOD understands the times when I feel discouraged.
  • GOD understands the times when I feel like giving up.
  • GOD understands the times when I feel disappointed.


Many times I thought “Nothing should go wrong because I’m living for GOD.” That statement couldn’t be further from the truth. Because I’m living for GOD, things will go seemingly wrong.

  • GOD says there will be many trials in my life but HE wants me to trust HIM anyway.
  • GOD says HE wants a simple relationship with me, not one where I expect the wrong things from HIM and get disappointed at the drop of a hat when HE doesn’t yield.
  • GOD says love one another as I have loved you.


Sometimes I overcomplicate my relationship with GOD.  When things go wrong, I try to analyze my previous moves so I won’t fall into that type of trouble again. BUT GOD knows that when I live for HIM, the enemy will try to tear me down, accuse me and break my faith. GOD wants me to be committed. This means accepting there will be trials and keeping my trust in HIM.

  • Have you lost your trust in GOD?
  • Are you wondering where GOD is with you right now?
  • Can you put your trust in HIM that HIS plan includes this trial?
  • Can you help someone increase their faith in GOD today by telling your story?


No comments:

Post a Comment