Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Don’t go with the flow


1 Kings 22:But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, “First seek the counsel of the Lord.”

-------

12 All the other prophets were prophesying the same thing. “Attack Ramoth Gilead and be victorious,” they said, “for the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”

13 The messenger who had gone to summon Micaiah said to him, “Look, the other prophets without exception are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably.”

14 But Micaiah said, “As surely as the Lord lives, I can tell him only what the Lord tells me.”

============

“All your problems will go away. GOD will provide you with health, wealth and happiness” is what I want to say to entice people to accept CHRIST.  This naive thinking turned my tongue into a lying instrument.  After telling people “it will be alright” and watching things get worse, I questioned GOD.

  • GOD never said things would be easy.
  • GOD never said I wouldn’t have troubles.
  • GOD never said all of my problems would go away if I follow HIM.


Following GOD invites trouble. I mean as soon as I stop following the world, it becomes my enemy. Things will be a bit tougher as I resist temptation and walk in HIS ways. Even my tongue will have to be guided to give the right words at the right time. Sometimes GOD will give me wonderful news through HIS word and sometimes the words will be a bit sharp, cutting me and others.

  • GOD wants me to speak the truth but delivered in love, not judgment.
  • GOD wants me to speak the truth by understanding HIS word and not deviating from it.
  • GOD wants me to speak the truth by saying HE is supreme and has the right to say “No.”


Yes GOD wants to bless everyone, but in HIS time and HIS way.  There may still be some pain each of us has to endure, some longer than others. BUT GOD wants me to say what HE wants me to say, knowing HIS word is best to follow.

  • Are you telling people what you want to say or what GOD wants you to say?
  • Do you feel you have to say “everything will be alright” even though you weren’t told to do so?
  • Can you ask GOD what HE wants you to say and find the courage to say it?


No comments:

Post a Comment