Friday, May 9, 2014

GOD looks at attitude


1 Kings 11:As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been. He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites. So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the Lord; he did not follow the Lord completely, as David his father had done.

-------

The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. 11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates.

============

“Say you’re sorry” were the scolding words of a neighbor’s mother.  I laughed at her kid for multiple reasons. I mean the other kids were laughing, but I was a close neighbor. “Giggle, giggle, I’m sorry” came out of my mouth. The neighbor quickly recognized my attitude of non-remorse and said “I’m going to tell your parents.” “Wait… I’m sorry!” Wow, I didn’t even do anything! This ruined my day, I thought to myself!

Okay, that was a very mild example of doing something with the wrong attitude, but how does this translate into larger things?

·         When I work with a bad attitude, my product comes out poorly.
·         When I serve with a bad attitude, the recipient doesn’t feel served.
·         When I reject what GOD said to do because I simply don’t like the rule, I face GOD’s consequence.

We are all under grace and I am saved from eternal consequence, but that does not give me a license to do what I want. I am GOD’s creation and HE wants me to act like I am. I shouldn’t pout at HIS decree nor should I fret over where HE has me. My attitude should be that of “gratitude.”

·         Are you excited about where GOD has you?
·         Do you think HE is wrong for placing you where you are?

·         Can you accept where you are and grow your gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment