Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Obedience is a condition


1 Kings 9:The Lord said to him:
“I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

“As for you, if you walk before me faithfully with integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’

“But if you or your descendants turn away from me and do not observe the commands and decrees I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. Israel will then become a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.

============

GOD is pure. HE has set HIS purity in motion and does what HE says.  HE demands HIS creation remains innocent, sinless and loving. Unfortunately, my birth has a defect.  I am born with a sin nature that I cannot remove. No matter how hard I try, I cannot remove this sin nature nor can I buffer it to a point where it’s under control.

GOD is love. GOD THE SON volunteered to take my eternal consequence and many times HE removes my consequence here on earth. HE does, however, chasten me when I do wrong. JESUS became human, was murdered by HIS own creation and was raised from the dead. HE did all of this out of love.

GOD is power. Everything GOD has said will come true. There is nothing that can stop HIS decree. Once HE said HE will curse something then there is nothing that can stop that thing from being cursed. On the contrary, once HE said HE will bless something (me) then there is nothing that can take that blessing away from me.


GOD’s unconditional love enables me to follow HIS rules. The more I follow GOD the better our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment