Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Being Excited About GOD


2 Kings 10: 30 The Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in accomplishing what is right in my eyes and have done to the house of Ahab all I had in mind to do, your descendants will sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation.”

============

I can’t point to any “cause and affect” to my success. In fact I really don’t see how I made it to where I made it. All I know is I remember a simple prayer… “LORD please make me successful.”  I didn’t know what “levels” meant to a company or what “corporate politics” meant to a career. I had no specific target or path to get there.

All I knew was... I had to change the mode in which I was operating and mature.

  • When I was immature, I would instantly lie to cover myself.
  • When I was immature, I would not take responsibility for my actions.
  • When I was immature, I would not stand firm for what is right rather I would bend towards the crowd.


GOD wants me to “grow up.” Instead of blaming HIM for the ills of society or for the current situation, GOD wants me to admit I need HIM, ask for forgiveness and join HIM in HIS quest to bring people back to HIM. This WILL be against what the population believes.

  • GOD wants me to follow HIM as much as I can.
  • GOD wants me to trust HIM as much as I can.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIM as much as I can.


Note I said “as much as I can” because HE truly wants me to love HIM with ALL my heart, but my heart and every humans’ heart is poisoned with sin at birth, so this takes effort. GOD knows that my righteousness is sometimes pure and sometimes tainted with trying to get my sinful way. BUT GOD’s grace is sufficient and HIS SON’s death and resurrection is complete. This makes me excited!

  • Are you filled with fear?
  • Do you blame others for your woes?
  • Can you begin by taking responsibility for your actions?
  • Will you ask GOD to fill you up with HIS might today?

No comments:

Post a Comment