Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Being Protected


2 Kings 6: 13 “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” 14 Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

============

I actually should be DEAD. After hitting a puddle on the interstate the car spun around and hit absolutely nothing. After stepping on some ice I slid under a bus that was about to move, but didn’t.

Many other scary events of guns pointed at me, walking through unsavory neighborhoods, and visiting other countries with very poor conditions come to mind when recalling brushes with death.

  • GOD protects me in times I am not aware of.
  • GOD protects me from dangers I could not even fathom.
  • GOD protects me during troubled and worrisome times.


May times I have wondered, “GOD where are you?” not considering how many times HE has rescued me in the past. GOD is around me always, it’s just sometimes my eyes are blinded by what the world would want me to see. Pots of gold, fame and Utopian societies blind me to the point where I look at my life and feel inadequate. BUT GOD says different.

  • GOD opens my eyes to HIS power each day.
  • GOD says “I AM” meaning there is no need to seek anything else.
  • GOD says “Come to me and I will give you rest”


Seeking GOD first opens my eyes to the dangers and snares of the world. I can then realize the power of GOD surrounds me.

  • Are you feeling powerless?
  • Do you feel weak compared to your circumstance?
  • Can you ask GOD to open your eyes to see the spiritual army HE has sent to protect you?
  • Can you thank GOD for HIS protection today?


No comments:

Post a Comment