Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Do the Right Thing

2 Kings 15: 32 In the second year of Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel, Jotham son of Uzziah king of Judah began to reign. 33 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem sixteen years. His mother’s name was Jerusha daughter of Zadok. 34 He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father Uzziah had done. 

============

Rebellion had now turned into boredom. I wasn’t too rebellious to religion, at least that’s what I convinced myself. I mean I wasn’t anti-religious I was just tired of the hypocrites who claimed to be religious. Then it hit me... I was complaining ‘about’ the hypocrites and not doing anything to show “I” could be better.

  • When I have a complaint about others, I forget to include myself.
  • When I think other people are at fault, I forget to include my part.
  • When I blame others for how I ended up, I forget to include my choices.


Worshipping GOD is an individual choice. Just because others are not doing it or doing it right, doesn’t mean that I should sit on the side and complain while “not” worshipping HIM. In fact I end up looking like a bigger hypocrite for judging those who I claim are hypocrites. GOD wants me to follow HIM.

  • GOD wants my full attention.
  • GOD wants my total heart.
  • GOD wants my love.


There is something special about having a relationship with me that enables GOD to pursue me in spite of my sins. HE wants me to want HIM but there are times where I don’t want HIM. HE knows when I try to run away, yet HE lovingly pursues me to bring me back to safety, love and care.

HE never forces HIMSELF on me yet HE knows the right circumstances to get my attention. GOD enables me to do the right things and HE is please when I turn back to HIM over and over.

  • Are you complaining about other people?
  • Do you discuss someone else’s religion without focusing on what you are doing?
  • Can you simply start being what GOD wants you to be without focusing on others?
  • Won’t you pursue a relationship with GOD first?


No comments:

Post a Comment