Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting Undeserved Blessings


2 Kings 7:Now there were four men with leprosy at the entrance of the city gate. They said to each other, “Why stay here until we die? If we say, ‘We’ll go into the city’—the famine is there, and we will die. And if we stay here, we will die. So let’s go over to the camp of the Arameans and surrender. If they spare us, we live; if they kill us, then we die.”

At dusk they got up and went to the camp of the Arameans. When they reached the edge of the camp, no one was there, for the Lord had caused the Arameans to hear the sound of chariots and horses and a great army, so that they said to one another, “Look, the king of Israel has hired the Hittite and Egyptian kings to attack us!” So they got up and fled in the dusk and abandoned their tents and their horses and donkeys. They left the camp as it was and ran for their lives.

-------

 16 Then the people went out and plundered the camp of the Arameans. So a seah of the finest flour sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley sold for a shekel, as the Lord had said.

============

“We are going to move out west and you are coming with us” were the words of relief as the wave of downsizing had just finished. While I felt underprepared for the position, I was at the right place at the right time.  I had no control over the decisions that had been made to cut people.

·         GOD is there when situations seem out of control.
·         GOD is there when I can’t “fix” what’s going on with my power.
·         GOD is there when I want to give up.

Looking back I see many times in which GOD has blessed me where I didn’t deserve the blessing. I mean I dream up what my path should be, plan and work my fingers to the bone without results, then GOD shows me another path loaded with blessings that HE developed.

·         Sometimes I forget that GOD is “for me” not against me.
·         Sometimes I forget that GOD wants to see me be successful in spite of who I am.
·         Sometimes I forget that GOD is the one who tears people down and raises people up so it’s HIS choice to place me where HE needs me.

GOD is truly amazing. If I just accept HIS plan, there will never be a dull moment.

·         Are you facing a very large and difficult situation?
·         Do you feel like giving up?
·         Can you “stand still and watch the deliverance of the LORD?”

·         Will you add a small measure of faith and trust to your belief today?

No comments:

Post a Comment