Thursday, June 26, 2014

Not knowing is worse

2 Kings 22:Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the secretary, “I have found the Book of the Law in the temple of the Lord.” He gave it to Shaphan, who read it. Then Shaphan the secretary went to the king and reported to him: “Your officials have paid out the money that was in the temple of the Lord and have entrusted it to the workers and supervisors at the temple.” 10 Then Shaphan the secretary informed the king, “Hilkiah the priest has given me a book.” And Shaphan read from it in the presence of the king.

11 When the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, he tore his robes. 12 He gave these orders to Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam son of Shaphan, Akbor son of Micaiah, Shaphan the secretary and Asaiah the king’s attendant: 13 “Go and inquire of the Lord for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the Lord’s anger that burns against us because those who have gone before us have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us.”

============

Finally I was on my own.  No more tyranny from my parents, no more schedules to go to class! I had my own apartment and I was free to live as I pleased. After visiting my fourth club, I soon realized this dinky town has no “fun.” I longed for the big city but settled on trying to build my night life where I was.

For some reason I started to feel empty. Even when I went to clubs and bars full of people I felt something missing. A person I ran into said I should read the Bible and go to church. “If I go to church, they will tell me how to live my life. I’ll pass.” I said reluctantly.

  • Ignorance of GOD is not an excuse for me.
  • Ignoring what GOD has written through humans is not an excuse for me.
  • Avoiding GOD so I can do what I want is not an excuse for me.


Josiah was eight when he took the thrown. His predecessors did not follow GOD even to the point where they sacrificed their own children. The Bible was lost and people didn’t have instruction on how to live. I tried to do the same by plotting my own course without GOD. I wouldn’t read, serve or learn. BUT GOD wanted more.

  • GOD wants me to take HIS yoke upon me and learn of HIM.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to HIS glory daily.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face rather than hide from HIM.


The more I seek GOD the more I do the things HE wants me to do. This brings a radical change in me.

  • Are you trying to do things without GOD?
  • Are you tired of doing things under your own power?
  • Will you take GOD’s hand and accept HIS might, HIS power, and HIS strength?


No comments:

Post a Comment