Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Time for deliverance!

2 Kings 19: 29 “This will be the sign for you, Hezekiah:
“This year you will eat what grows by itself,
    and the second year what springs from that.
But in the third year sow and reap,
    plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
30 Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah
    will take root below and bear fruit above.
31 For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant,
    and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors.

============

After what seemed to be an extremely long rough patch, I got news that my school loan had been paid off. Then at the same time I got another letter. I had taken out a loan for a car and that was not paid off. For the first time in years, I deposited a whole paycheck into the bank. What was I going to do with the extra cash?

  • Outside of the storm GOD does bring peace.
  • Outside of the trial GOD does show me still waters.
  • Outside of the pain GOD does provide comfort.


At that time I was focused on money and living day to day. I had no concept of generously giving or living my life with a purpose. I would make bills and pay bills off. I mean that’s what life is about right? GOD says something different.

  • GOD says “Sow sparingly, reap sparingly.”
  • GOD says “Go make disciples, teach, baptize.”
  • GOD says “Bear fruit.”


So many times I forget that I am part of GOD’s kingdom and HE is the owner of everything. HE delivers me in HIS time and in HIS way. What looks like a mess to me, IS GOD’s deliverance. HE wants me to recognize HIS grace and be ready to sow in plentiful fashion through generosity, actions and words.

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Can you see “this year” is GOD’s deliverance?
  • Won’t you open your eyes to see GOD’s power?


No comments:

Post a Comment